Sunday, November 16, 2008

Conclusion to Lysistrata

I was pretty excited before we began Lysistrata. Just talking about the play and what was in it really interested me. I was getting pretty annoyed with the drama in THBA and Hedda Gabler, with all the shooting and the oppression, so the idea of a comedy sounded great for a change. I also liked the idea that the play was quite open about topics that today's world is so closed and private about. Learning more about puns and experimenting with those also got me really excited about the read. Once we actually got into the play I was a bit surprised. I expected something a bit more complex, and though it was at points, it got to the main points quick and in a simple manner. I really loved this play and I'm happy we were able to move away from the dramatic texts to something much funnier and peaceful. I do wish the ending was different than the expected fairy-tale one, though the play as a whole was great and I really loved its content.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home